Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this website you agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions. Cystic Fibrosis ACT may, without notice, amend or modify its Terms & Conditions by posting the amended Terms & Conditions to this website.
If any of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the Terms & Conditions, which will continue in full force and effect.
- a. This website is owned and operated by Cystic Fibrosis ACT ABN 85 099 080 082 (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" and “our”). You will also see the terms “I,” "you," "your," and "yours" — these terms refer to visitors to and users of our Website. In all states and territories of Australia, Cystic Fibrosis ACT is the sole owner of the name “Santa Speedo Shuffle”. Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledge our organisations ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products and/or services will inure to the benefit of cystic fibrosis organisations held within this website or our licensors. The logo, electronic products and services are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of our materials, electronic products and/or services provided at the site is solely at your own risk.
2. Intended audience
- a. All information provided on this website has been prepared in accordance with Australian law and is intended for use by residents of Australia. Persons residing outside of Australia use this website at their own risk and should take into consideration the legislative requirements of their country of residence when accessing this website. Should you choose to purchase products from Cystic Fibrosis ACT or make a donation to us you should confirm that doing so will not constitute a contravention of the laws of your country of residence.
3. Restrictions on use
- a. While care has been taken in preparing the content of the information provided on this website, Cystic Fibrosis ACT and its employees, related parties, directors, officers, committee members, honoraries, research fellows, servants, agents, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors and collaborators are not liable for any loss, including for any loss or damage, resulting from the reliance on the content, or for its accuracy, currency and completeness. To avoid any doubt, the information provided by this website is of general character and does not constitute medical advice. Use of this website is subject to the indemnities and releases contained at Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions.
- b. Any use of Cystic Fibrosis ACT’s materials or information by another person or organisation is at the user's own risk.
4. Intellectual property
- a. All Cystic Fibrosis ACT logos and program names are used under licence by Cystic Fibrosis ACT, or are owned by Cystic Fibrosis ACT, unless otherwise stated.
- b. All content on this website including logos, brand names, text, photographs, information, statistics, images and other material is protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws in Australia.
- c. The Cystic Fibrosis ACT and Santa Speedo Shuffle logos must not be reproduced or used in any way unless Cystic Fibrosis ACT provides its prior approval in writing.
- d. Reproduction of any part of this website without the express permission of Cystic Fibrosis ACT is illegal unless otherwise indicated. Where reproduction is permitted, only one copy of the material may be made, and that copy may only be used for personal or non-commercial purposes. Where reproduction is permitted you must not amend or edit the material in any way, and Cystic Fibrosis ACT asserts its right to be recognised as the author.
5. Indemnity, disclaimer and limitation of liability
- a. Whilst due care has been taken in the preparation of the content of this website we make no representations regarding the accuracy, currency or reliability of the information provided unless otherwise indicated, and note there may be errors, omissions and typographical errors contained in the material provided.
- b. This website and the material it contains are provided on an as-is basis, and to the fullest extent permitted by law we disclaim all warranties. In addition, we do not warrant that this website is error free or that the website and/or the servers it is hosted on are free of viruses, Trojans or other malicious software.
- c. Cystic Fibrosis ACT and its employees, directors, officers, committee members, honoraries, research fellows, servants, agents, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors and collaborators will not be liable for any loss or damage other than that which cannot be excluded by law arising as a result of use of this website or reliance on any information provided on this website. To the full extent permitted by law, users of this website release, and forever hold Cystic Fibrosis ACT harmless, from any such loss or damage caused or contributed to that user relying on information presented on this website as the basis for medical advice.
- d. You agree to indemnify Cystic Fibrosis ACT including its employees, directors, officers, committee members, honoraries, research fellows, servants, agents, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors and collaborators from any loss or damage which it may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
6. Cystic Fibrosis programs and events
- a. Should you choose to participate in or attend any of the programs or events organised by Cystic Fibrosis ACT you do so at your own risk. Should the program or event you choose to participate in involve physical exertion or exercise, we recommend you consult your health care provider prior to commencement to determine the suitability of our program/event to your level of fitness. None of the information contained on this website should be taken to indicate that any particular activity is safe for a person of any particular level of fitness or overall health.
7. Hyperlinks, advertising, sponsors & third-party content
- a. This website may contain the content of third parties (Third Party Content). This content may include, but is not limited to, hyperlinks to external (third party) websites, paid advertisements and mention of program sponsors. None of these things is to be taken as an endorsement, recommendation or approval of the third party, advertiser or sponsor or their products or services. Cystic Fibrosis ACT accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, currency or suitability or otherwise regarding Third Party Content. Any use or reliance on such content is at your own risk and Cystic Fibrosis ACT is not liable for any loss, damage, costs or expenses arising as a result of the use or reliance by you or any other person, and to the maximum extent permitted by law you release and hold Cystic Fibrosis ACT forever harmless from any such loss, damage, cost or expense.
- b. Where hyperlinks to third party websites are provided, Cystic Fibrosis ACT makes no claims regarding the suitability or otherwise of the third party’s products or services to your needs, nor does it warrant the third-party website is free of viruses, Trojans or other malicious software.
- c. Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints regarding a third party’s website please refer your query, concern or complaint to the third party.
- d. Cystic Fibrosis ACT and Santa Speedo Shuffle logos must not be reproduced or used in any way unless Cystic Fibrosis ACT provides its prior approval in writing.
- e. Should you wish to provide a link to this website from another site you may do so provided you adhere to the following terms and conditions:
f. Terms and Conditions for providing a link to this website from another site:
a. Permission is granted to link to this website subject to the following terms and conditions:
- i. No responsibility or liability lies with Cystic Fibrosis ACT (or any employee, agent or servant) for any errors or omissions resulting from use of this website.
- ii. Under no circumstances should your site use the link to the Cystic Fibrosis ACT website to provide specific product or service endorsement or promotion. Nor should the link be placed to imply product or service endorsement or be associated with commercial interests.
- iii. The function of Cystic Fibrosis ACT’s website includes the promotion of lung health to the people of Australia and links to its website shall not imply directly or indirectly that cigarettes, drugs or alcohol are related to health promotion.
- iv. Cystic Fibrosis ACT reserves the right to withdraw permission to link to this website at any time and the above-named organisation agrees to remove any link to this website on receiving such notice from Cystic Fibrosis ACT.
- v. No information, in whole or in part, is to be copied from the website without Cystic Fibrosis ACT’s prior consent in writing.
8. Privacy notice
9. Security of information
Should you have any queries or concerns regarding Cystic Fibrosis ACT’s website Terms & Conditions please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org