Personal information collected by Bounce to Breathe is protected by Australian privacy legislation. Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you and includes sensitive and health information.
Bounce to Breathe complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 in handling personal information collected from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and Bounce to Breathe personnel (including members, volunteers, employees, delegates, candidates for volunteer work and prospective employees).
Bounce to Breathe has developed this Privacy Statement to protect your privacy. The Statement is available in hard copy on request. It contains information about Bounce to Breathe's responsibilities, your rights, the information that may be collected by Bounce to Breathe, and how it would be used.
Personal and sensitive information, including health information, is only collected as is necessary for a function or activity, or to enable Bounce to Breathe to carry out its work and deliver services to the community.
Personal information collected such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, will be recorded on our database and may use it to contact you in the future.
Bounce to Breathe may use your personal information to send you information on physical health or to let you know about Bounce to Breathe programs, research funding, special events and fundraising programs. Persons may choose not to receive any further communications by contacting the Privacy Officer.
Bounce to Breathe will not collect sensitive information about health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or membership, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade association or union membership, sexual preferences or criminal record unless you have consented to give this information and it is relevant to the work of Bounce to Breathe. We will always collect such information in a non-intrusive, lawful and fair manner.
When collecting information, only information necessary for the activities of Bounce to Breathe will be collected and recorded. Information otherwise will remain confidential.
Yes - cookies are pieces of information that will be sent by Bounce to Breathe when you log onto our web site. These will be stored on your computer's hard drive, to allow us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
In some circumstances, Bounce to Breathe may receive personal information about an individual from a third party. This information forms part of the personal information described in this Statement.
Bounce to Breathe will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including (without limitation):
· to verify your identity;
· to provide programs to you, to manage and account for the programs provided and to improve those programs;
· to report to government or other funding bodies how funding is used;
· to process donations and provide receipts;
· to manage our relationship with you;
· to communicate with you about how your donation is used or to provide you with information about events, causes, programs, products or service that we believe may interest you;
· to respond to your feedback or complaints;
· to facilitate our international business operations; and
· to provide information to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
Bounce to Breathe does not disclose personal information without your permission unless the disclosure is:
· in accordance with this Privacy Statement or any agreement you enter into with us; or
· required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
Some of your information may be transferred, stored, processed, used or disclosed overseas by Bounce to Breathe if our service providers are located overseas. Bounce to Breathe takes reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
As a condition of employment, Bounce to Breathe staff are required to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. Bounce to Breathe will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses, retains or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date and is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
An individual may:
· request access to and seek correction of their personal information held by Bounce to Breathe at any time;
· make a complaint in relation to a breach of their privacy; or
· submit a query or concern about this Privacy Statement or Bounce to Breathe’s information handling processes,
by contacting Bounce to Breathe’s privacy officer in writing at email@example.com or c/o Cystic Fibrosis Australia, 30 Sylvan Rd Cnr Bennet Street and Sylvan Road, Toowong Queensland 4066.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. Bounce to Breathe aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of receipt of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints will be:
· treated seriously;
· dealt with promptly; and
· dealt with in a confidential manner.
Bounce to Breathe’s privacy officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.